Ladybank Golf Club was established in 1879. The architect of the original 6-hole course, Old Tom Morris, played in the Autumn Meeting that year as a ‘stranger’ and won despite his handicap of +3 strokes. In 1910 a circular 9 holes was formed with the holes varying in length from 330 to 400 yards with ‘two short sporting’ holes at the fourth and seventh. A further 9 holes were laid down in 1958 and incorporated within the existing course in 1961 to form an 18-hole course.
A new Clubhouse was built in 1971 with the existing building becoming the present-day Pro shop. The year 1978 was a landmark year for Ladybank with nomination as a venue for Open Championship Final Qualifying.
During the past twenty-five years a galaxy of stars has graced the turf including, Darren Clarke, Justin Leonard, Bernard Langer, Sam Torrance, Ian Woosnam and the late Payne Stewart. The Club proudly displays pictures of two honorary members, Jack Nicklaus and the late Seve Ballesteros, playing in an exhibition match over the course in 1983.
Caddies available: Yes
Pullcarts available: Yes
Practice facilities: Putting Green and Short Game Area
Electric buggies available: Yes
Dress code: Normal golf attire (No denim jeans, football/rugby tops/shorts, collarless tee shirts, track suits or trainers).
Location: View location map