This famous championship seaside links is windy but with easy walking. First constructed by Henry Hunter in 1892 as a 9-hole course, Royal Cinque Ports was extended to 18 holes in 1896. Since then, alterations have been made by James Braid, Henry Cotton and Donald Steel. The outward 9 is generally considered the easier, whilst the inward 9 is longer and includes the renowned 16th, perhaps the most difficult hole. On fine days there are wonderful views across the channel. Royal Cinque Ports hosted The Open in 1909 and in 1920.
Practice facilities: Driving range, putting green and short game area
Dress code: No denim, long socks must be worn with shorts.
Location: View location map