skip to main content

The New Course, St Andrews

The 'New' is the second course at the Home of Golf and was built by Tom Morris in 1895

The New Course, St Andrews


Designed by Old Tom Morris and opened in 1895, this is hardly a 'new' course! It is, in fact, a classic links course and a first-class golfing challenge. With the traditional out and back
layout, the New is characterised by well-designed greenside and fairway bunkers, and tough homeward holes. Although overshadowed by its illustrious neighbour, the New Course is a must play for any golfer visiting the town of St Andrews.

 

Caddies available: Yes (Request in advance through Links Golf)

Pullcarts available: Yes

Practice facilities: Driving range 1 mile from the 1st tee, putting green.

Electric buggies available: Medical certificate required or over 65 years of age. Only 2 buggies available

Dress code: Appropriate golf attire

Location: View location map