Royal Scotsman Train Journeys
The Royal Scotsman is considered to be the world’s most luxurious train and is regarded as one of the great travel experiences. In partnership with Orient-Express, Links Golf St Andrews are offering a luxurious train journey which combines some of Scotland’s finest courses whilst experiencing historic castles and whisky distilleries.
The Royal Scotsman Classic Golf Tour is a 6 night, 7 day tour through some of Scotland’s most beautiful scenery and incorporates fantastic golf and a wonderful sightseeing program. Four nights will be spent on board the train with two nights at the five star Balmoral Hotel in Edinburgh. Golfers will enjoy three of the country’s finest links courses; Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart and Cruden Bay.
7 Days / 6 nights / 3 rounds
Royal Dornoch, Castle Stuart & Cruden Bay
On Board The Royal Scotsman (4 Nights) & The Balmoral Hotel (2 Nights)
Contact Us For A Customised Quotation
- Day 1: Meet & Greet at Airport. Private Transfer and check into The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh for 1 night.
- Day 2: Board The Royal Scotsman for 4 nights. Depart Edinburgh in the early afternoon.
- Day 3: Play Royal Dornoch
- Day 4: Play Castle Stuart
- Day 5: Play Cruden Bay
- Day 6: Travel to Edinburgh arrving mid morning where the train journey ends. Check into The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh for 1 night
- Day 7: Depart Scotland for home
Traditional style and elegant comfort provide an unparalleled way to explore the very best of Scotland and the Highlands. As the train draws away from the platform, your journey into a magical place of history, nature and romance begins. Watch the sun chase the last of the mist from the mountaintops as you sip your coffee. Enjoy your days golf on one of Scotland’s great courses or a visit to a ruined castle or whisky distillery. Indulge in afternoon tea while sharing stories with fellow guests as the train journeys on. Nightfall brings cocktails and candlelit dinners before sinking into your comfortable cabin to dream of the next day’s adventures.
The Royal Scotsman takes you to the heart of the Highlands, where you travel through landscapes of pine-clad mountains, reflected in mirror-still lochs. With your own private cabin and an open-deck observation carriage from which to marvel at Scotland’s finest countryside, life on board is relaxed yet indulgent. With just 36 guests, this is railway travel at its most personal.
The Observation Car provides a wonderful vantage point from which to enjoy the spectacular Highlands scenery. Settle down in a comfortable sofa or armchair as you glide past castles, villages and glens. For open-air views, step out onto the veranda to appreciate the wild beauty of the countryside and coast.The perfect setting to enjoy an aperitif or after-dinner drink, sit back and enjoy the conviviality, conversation and relaxed country-house atmosphere. Nightly entertainment creates a memorable Scottish ambiance.
There are 14 twin, two double and four single State Cabins in our Sleeping Cars, each lined with rich marquetry. All have a private bathroom with shower, washbasin and toilet, constant hot water, high-quality toiletries and fresh towels every day. Rooms have been designed to offer the ultimate in luxury travel. Facilities include lower beds, a dressing table, a full-length wardrobe, individually controlled heating, ceiling fans, opening windows and a cabin service call button.
On each bed there is a foam pillow, a hypoallergenic duvet and quilted cotton bed covers. With the train stabled at night in a quiet siding or station, a good night’s sleep is guaranteed.
Dining On The Move
Dining is always a highlight, with sumptuous meals served throughout your journey. Served in our mahogany-panelled Dining Cars, enjoy your meal in groups of fours, or on larger tables of six or eight. A range of fine wines, liqueurs and malt whiskies is available from our extensive cellar.
With game-rich glens, Aberdeen Angus beef, a wealth of seafood and rivers of wild salmon, our chefs use the best local produce. All are served with regional specialities. Enjoy a hearty Highland breakfast or start the day continental style. Lunch may be a bowl of steamed mussels overlooking a romantic harbour or seared salmon served on the train.As evening falls, take your seat in the Dining Car. Expect sensational dishes, like warm pigeon salad accompanied by blackcurrant dressing, spiced roast halibut, and sumptuous apple mousse.
There are formal and informal dinners aboard The Royal Scotsman, usually on alternate nights. For formal dinners, we encourage a tuxedo or kilt for gentlemen and a cocktail dress or similar for ladies. For informal dinners, a jacket and tie is recommended.
The Tour Inclusions
- Three rounds of golf as detailed above
- Two nights accommodation at The Balmoral Hotel, Edinburgh (Twin Occupancy)
- Four nights accommodation on board The Royal Scotsman (Twin Occupancy)
- Private transfers to and from arrival airport (Edinburgh)
- Transport to and from all golf courses
- Sightseeing program as detailed above for all non-golfers
- Breakfast, lunch & dinner daily inclusive of drinks on board The Royal Scotsman
- Welcome drinks and full tour briefing
- Itinerary and full tour package
– Golf includes lunch with house wine at the golf clubs. Additional beverages are at guests own expense.
– Green fees and pull cart hire is included in the journey rate.
– Golf club hire and caddy fees are an additional cost.
– Board basis at The Balmoral Hotel includes dinner, bed and breakfast.