For golfers who have not managed to secure an Old Course tee time in advance, there is still an option to apply for one via the Daily Ballot system. The St Andrews Old Course Ballot is drawn two days ahead of play with the exception of Friday as there is no play on the Old Course on Sundays. For example, if you wish to enter the ballot for a tee time on Wednesday, you would apply on the Monday. If you wish to enter the ballot for a tee time on a Monday, you would apply on a Saturday.
To enter the ballot, golfers names, home golf clubs and handicaps are required (Maximum of 24 for men and 36 for ladies). The deadline for entering the ballot is 2pm and the results are usually available by 4pm.
Links Golf St Andrews take care of the above process for all golfers who have their golf tour booked with us. We will advise clients if they have been successful in the Old Course Ballot and if not, arrange alternative golf.
Certain times of the year are better for gaining a tee time through the Old Course Ballot. The winter months are generally quieter on the Old Course. During the summer season, the months with longer daylight hours (Late May, June & July) tend to have better availability for the Ballot. The St Andrews Old Course Ballot is sometimes referred to as the “Old Course Lottery”.
OLD COURSE TEE TIME AVAILABILITY FOR 2019 & 2020
Below is a list of dates that we have Old Course St Andrews tee times available for the 2019 & 2020 seasons. The dates and tee times are correct as at 29th January 2019.
AVAILABILITY CHART INDEX:
- Tee Times Available: Tee times available which can be anything from multiple four balls to space for three, two or single golfers
- Ballot Only: No advance pre-bookable tee times available, for more information about the ballot please click here: Old Course Ballot
- Single Golfer: Space for one golfer available.
- 1 x 2 Ball: Space for two golfers available.
- 1 x 3 Ball: Space for three golfers available.
- Sold Out: No tee times available.
- Course Closed: Old Course not open for visitor play
- Please Enquire: Tee times are currently sold out but availability may change due to occasional cancellations
Links Golf St Andrews are an “Authorised Provider of Old Course Commercial Tee Times”. Read more
Our Old Course Tee Time Availability for 2019 is now very limited – Places on The St Andrews Golf Week are still available! (8th – 14th April 2019)
Although our Old Course tee times are now very limited for the 2019 season, we still have places on the St Andrews Golf Week in April. The Golf Week includes five rounds of golf including The Old Course. The St Andrews Golf Week is a twice annual event for amateur golfers and is held in St Andrews “The Home of Golf”. The St Andrews Golf Week was established in 1974 and continues to attract golfers from all over the world. More information is available here: St Andrews Golf Week.